Thursday 15 April 2010

To harem pants or not?

I have recently suffered from a strange affliction: a rather unexplainable attraction to harem pants. They are not flattering, they can only shorten a short woman's legs, evoke nappies not a pert bum and somehow, I want to wear them! I know I shouldn't. I know they are verging dangerously into mutton territory. I know they would tell the world I am a fashion victim, falling for the trend of the summer when I should know better - I avoided them like the plague when they first came around years ago.  Nevertheless, I can see a new me in my imaginary mirror, a new silhouette that I can't resist, a fluid look on high heels with a cool-looking top... It looks like I am going to make a fool of myself very soon!

Cos has affordable versions that can be good for the experiment (£45 for the black model and £59 for the grey/kaki version)

















Some wise advice on how to try out that style:
http://womensfashion.suite101.com/article.cfm/how_to_wear_harem_pants_and_pegleg_trousers
See more of Cos' collection: http://www.cosstores.com/gb/site/home__start.nhtml

No comments:

Post a Comment