Wednesday 2 December 2009

Natural Beauty?

I used to hold the beauty routine speed record - in 5 minutes flat, I could be ready to face the world, washed, dressed, hair brushed and face done - ie moisturised. As I get older, I know that I can't get away with such a convenient formula.  The expression: "putting my face on" takes a very real sense and the picture below prompted an immediate feeling of recognition! Artist Charlotte Renon documents her busy life as a mother of 3 young boys, juggling family and career. Whilst still a baby at 35, she perfectly captures the mysterious process which transforms the shaggy and creased wretch with bags under her eyes who steps into the bathroom in the morning into...maybe not a princess but at least a human being.



Illustration: Charlotte du Jour.com
Click on Charlotte Renon's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment